Skillful Philadelphia Products Liability Lawyers Dedicated to Your Child’s Safety
Lawyers Committed to Protecting Your Child From Dangerous Products
When you give your child a new toy, you expect it to provide entertainment and maybe even a learning opportunity. You do not expect such an item to cause harm to your child. While you should not have to worry about your child’s safety when playing with an age-appropriate toy, sadly this is often not the case.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) reported that there were an estimated 240,000 toy-related injuries treated in hospital emergency departments in 2016. Parents have the right to demand compensation to help pay for their children’s medical expenses and compensate them for their injuries. The leading Philadelphia products liability lawyers at McCann Dillon Jaffe & Lamb, LLC are dedicated to seeking the compensation you deserve, while holding companies responsible for their negligent actions.
Common Dangers Lurking in Children’s Toys
While different toys can pose different risks, some of the most common dangers and defects found in toys include:
- Asphyxiation: Other toys may contain a risk of suffocating your child. This can include the packaging in which the toy is placed.
- Burn risk: Some toys, especially electronic ones, can overheat and burn your child. Other toys may not include fire-retardant elements that would otherwise protect a child from potential injury.
- Choking hazards: Children are notorious for sticking everything in their mouths. Toys for small children should not contain very small pieces or detachable parts that can pose a choking hazard. These items should also be labeled appropriately to alert parents to this risk.
- Hearing damage: While many children love hearing sirens, music and other fun sounds, some toys are so loud that they can permanently damage a child’s hearing.
- Sharp edges: Toys that have sharp edges can injure children and cause permanent scars.
Defective Toys May Pose a Danger to Your Child
Children can suffer injuries from any number of toys, including the following:
- Action figures
- Bouncy balls
- Kitchen sets
- Rocking toys
- Stuffed animals
- Swimming pool toys
- Toy weapons
- Many other types of toys
Protecting your children requires diligent supervision and being on the lookout for new recalls. However, accidents still happen even when you do all you can to protect your child. Our experienced Philadelphia products liability lawyers have successfully represented injured children and families for more than 26 years, holding toy manufacturers and other parties responsible for failing to protect consumers.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Philadelphia Products Liability Lawyer Today if Your Child Has Been Harmed by a Defective Toy
If your child was injured by a dangerous or defective toy, you may be entitled to monetary compensation. The attorneys at McCann Dillon Jaffe & Lamb, LLC are committed to helping families seek maximum compensation for injuries. Call us today at 215-569-8488 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your legal options with an experienced Philadelphia defective toy lawyer. We represent victims and families in Pennsylvania, Delaware and New Jersey.