Philadelphia Premises Liability Lawyers Aggressively Pursue Compensation for Those Injured on Someone Else’s Property
Property Owners and Managers are Responsible for Your Safety
If you’re a worker, resident and visitor to someone else’s property, the property owner is accountable for your personal safety and well-being. That means they must take appropriate measures to maintain a hazard-free and secure environment both inside and outside of their buildings. If you get injured, or assaulted while on someone else’s property, you can file a claim for damages including medical costs and lost income, and the Philadelphia premises liability lawyers at McCann Dillon Jaffe & Lamb, LLC can help.
Causes of Premises Liability Accidents
Assuming you are not behaving recklessly, someone’s property should be safe to arrive at, spend time in, and leave from. However, many common oversights can lead to dangerous conditions and debilitating accidents. Warning signs of a dangerous property include:
- Dangerous walking areas: If sidewalks, walking paths, entrances or flooring is not properly maintained, footing can become unstable or uneven and increase the risk of slip and fall or trip and fall accidents.
- Falling objects: Items that aren’t properly stored or secured can be knocked loose and fall onto visitors, causing injuries like concussions or broken bones.
- Insufficient lighting: Even a well-maintained property can become dangerous when there isn’t enough light to navigate safely. A lack of adequate lighting can also be a security issue, particularly on the uneven grounds of a property where falls can occur.
- Lack of security: If a trespasser gets onto someone’s property, the owner can be held responsible for anything stolen from residents or injuries suffered as the result of an assault.
- Lack of signage: Dangerous machinery, areas under repair, and even steps or inclines should be properly marked to avoid injuries on-site.
Accidents Due to Negligence can Cause Serious Injuries
No one wants to feel unsafe, and if you’re placed in a hazardous situation on someone else’s property, it’s your right to pursue compensation for any injuries, trauma or other hardships you suffer. You can file a premises liability claim for many incidents, including:
- Assault and/or robbery: Property owners are responsible for who comes onto their property and how they behave toward other visitors, especially if they act violently toward someone else
- Burglary: Proper security measures should be in place to protect your belongings while you are visiting, working at or living on someone’s property
- Construction site accidents: Workers on construction sites can hold their managers or property owners liable for unsafe working conditions
- Defective equipment on-site: Any machinery, appliances or other tools provided by the owner of a property are their responsibility to maintain or replace as needed
- Slip and fall, or trip and fall: Cluttered walkways or unmaintained walking surfaces put you at risk for serious falling injuries
Our legal team handles all types of premises liability cases including those arising from the following circumstances:
- Accidental Drowning
- Chemical Accidents
- Chemical & Burn Injuries on Marcellus Shale Work Sites
- Child Injuries
- Construction Site Fatalities
- Construction Site Debris Accidents
- Construction Vehicle Accidents
- Crane Accidents
- Defective Steps & Stairs
- Escalator & Elevator Accidents
- Explosion Injuries on Marcellus Shale Work Sites
- Explosions & Electrical Accidents
- Falling Objects at Big Box Stores
- Fatal Accidents on Marcellus Shale Work Sites
- Forklift Injuries
- Hotel Accidents
- Hotel Premises Liability
- Industrial Equipment & Large Machinery Accidents
- Natural Gas Company Accidents
- Oil Refinery Accidents
- On The Job Injuries
- Restaurant Slip & Fall
- Roof & Ladder Falls
- Scaffolding Accidents
- Structural & Foundation Defects
- Trucking Accidents on Marcellus Shale Work Sites
Contact Our Experienced Philadelphia Premises Liability Lawyers if You’ve Been Injured
At McCann Dillon Jaffe & Lamb, LLC, our Philadelphia premises liability lawyers are ready to assist you and fight for your just compensation from property owners, security companies or maintenance companies. Our offices are conveniently located in downtown Philadelphia, across the street from City Hall, a short distance from the train, subway and trolley. Or if you can’t come to us, we’ll come to you. Reach us at 215-569-8488 or contact us online for a free initial consultation. We serve clients in Pennsylvania including Chester County, Montgomery County and Delaware County as well as throughout the states of Delaware and New Jersey.