Media Slip And Fall Lawyers Get Results
Our track record speaks for itself
If you’ve been hurt in a slip and fall accident, friends and family have probably offered the same advice: you should sue. But how do you do that? Where should you turn? At McCann Dillon Jaffe & Lamb, LLC, our Media slip and fall lawyers know that reaching a successful resolution, in or out of court, can be tricky, but our attorneys have the proven ability to do just that.
Older adults are at greatest risk of serious injury due to falls
Statistics compiled by federal agencies show that accidental falls were the leading cause of injuries for all age groups in 2013. In fact, more than 8.7 million Americans were hurt in unintentional falls that year. Approximately 25 percent of all cases involved adults age 65 and older, however. The types of injuries most commonly stemming from these accidents include:
- Broken bones, including hip, wrist, arm and ankle fractures
- Bumps and bruises
- Head trauma
- Scrapes and cuts
Tripping hazards, such as loose carpeting, crumpled rugs or electrical cords can cause falls. However, these types of accidents are most likely to happen on:
- Cracked or uneven sidewalks or walkways
- Icy sidewalks
- Steps or stairs
- Wet floors
Most people only need an icepack and some over the counter painkillers after a fall. Some cases warrant a trip to the Emergency Room for immediate medical care. The most severe injuries can result in hospitalization, admission to a nursing home or similar long-term care facilities. Treatment costs Americans billions of dollars every year.
Who is really to blame in your slip and fall accident?
Were you just clumsy or is someone else at fault? That is the key question in any slip and fall accident case. At your first meeting, one of our experienced Media slip and fall accident lawyers will conduct a comprehensive interview to evaluate the circumstances in your case. In order to reach a settlement or win at trial, your attorney must be able to prove at least one of the following:
- The property owner or a worker where the incident occurred caused the condition that resulted in your fall.
- The owner or a staff member knew about the condition that resulted in your fall and did not take any corrective action.
- The risk of injury associated with the condition that caused your fall should have been obvious to the property owner or worker based on common sense.
Your own actions and behavior can also be taken into account. Some of these factors include:
- Lack of attention – Were you looking where you were going? Were you preoccupied? Were you talking to someone else, either on the phone or in person?
- Failure to heed any warnings – Were there any signs in place to make you aware of the hazard? Did you heed them?
- Whether or not you put yourself at risk – Were you in an area generally accessible to the general public or someone of your rank in the workplace?
- Your own recklessness – Were you running or walking too quickly given the presence of potentially hazardous conditions?
Schedule a Free Consultation with our Qualified Media Personal Injury Lawyers from McCann Dillon Jaffe & Lamb, LLC
At McCann Dillon Jaffe & Lamb, LLC, our Media slip and fall lawyers have the knowledge and skill necessary in order to win complex slip and fall injury cases. If you’ve been hurt in a fall on an icy footpath, tripped on an uneven surface, or been injured in similar circumstances, get in touch with us today. You can schedule your free initial consultation online or do so by phone at either 215-569-8488 or 302-888-1221. Representing clients throughout Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, including Delaware County and Chester County.