Newark Car Accident Lawyers
Fighting for Justice After a Car Accident
The trauma of a car accident can have a dramatic impact on every aspect of your life. One day things are normal, and the next the world may seem like it turned upside down. Your primary focus will be your medical care, but you will also have to face the possibility of losing time at work, while continuing to have to pay the bills. We can help.
If you have suffered injuries in a car accident, we will advocate for your rights and fight for the maximum possible financial compensation so that you can regain your peace of mind and your health and well-being. You may be entitled to financial recovery for the following:
- Medical evaluation
- Medical treatment
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Medical equipment
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Psychological counseling
- Lost wages, past and future
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
The impact of a car accident can cause a wide range of injuries. You should always make medical assessment your first priority after a collision, even if you do not see any physical signs of trauma. Some injuries are not immediately obvious, and pain may not set in until several hours later. Some of the injuries possible in a motor vehicle accident include:
- Head injuries – This type of injury may range from a minor concussion to traumatic brain injury (TBI), which can dramatically impact your life.
- Back and neck injuries – You may not notice any pain at first, but these injuries can range from mild sprains and sprains to disability and even paralysis.
- Disfiguring injuries – If your face hits the steering wheel or you suffer deep lacerations or burns, you could wind up with serious disfiguring injuries that may require reconstructive surgery.
- Dental injuries – The force of an impact could cause damage to teeth or result in tooth loss.
- Lacerations – Deep cuts can result in dangerous blood loss.
- Broken bones – From hairline fractures to complex fractures, a broken bone can cause extreme pain and limit your mobility for quite some time.
- Burns – Car accidents often leave victims with disfiguring burns.
- Internal organ damage – Without outward signs of trauma, you may not realize that you have internal injuries. These can be potentially life-threatening.
- Soft tissue injuries – This includes damage to your muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Seat belt injuries – Even though it is essential to wear a seat belt anytime you ride in a car, a seat belt can cause injuries in a high-speed wreck or during a very serious impact. Seat belt injuries may include broken ribs, a broken collar bone, and more.
- Psychological trauma – The terror involved in a car accident can result in long-term anxiety, depression, and even post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Fatal injuries – People die in car wrecks every day in the United States. If you have lost a loved one, you may be entitled to financial compensation.
Newark Car Accident Lawyers at McCann Dillon Jaffe & Lamb, LLC Fight for Injured Accident Victims and Their Families Throughout Delaware
We know how difficult it can be to get your bearings after a serious car accident. Your energy should be focused on getting the best medical care and healing, but you also have to deal with the aftermath of an accident – including insurance companies, medical bills, wages lost because of work absence, and more. At McCann Dillon Jaffe & Lamb, LLC, we understand what you are going through, and we can help. We will work hard to ensure that you get the best medical care and the maximum financial compensation for your injuries. Call a Newark car accident lawyer today at 302-888-1221 or contact us online for a free consultation. We serve clients in Wilmington, Newark, and Middletown, Delaware, as well as those in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.