John S. Grimm
John S. Grimm is an associate attorney with the firm, focusing his practice on civil litigation in both State and Federal courts, including commercial and business litigation, personal injury and worker’s compensation litigation. John graduated from Boston College with a B.A. in Psychology. He graduated from the Widener University Delaware Law School magna cum laude, where he was co-managing editor of the Delaware Journal of Corporate Law and the Wolcott Law Clerk for the Honorable Andrew G.T. Moore II of the Delaware Supreme Court.
John began his legal career at the law firm of Ashby & Geddes, focusing on corporate and commercial law. He then went to seminary at Catholic University of America where he earned a Master of Divinity and was ordained to the priesthood. John served in the Catholic Diocese of Wilmington in a variety of roles, including Chaplain to the Saint Thomas More Society and as Diocese spokesman on bioethics issues. He was also an assistant professor of Christian Ethics at Seton Hall University and an adjunct professor at Immaculata University. John served as the Pastor of Holy Spirit Parish in New Castle from 2011 until 2013, when he left the priesthood to return to the practice of law. John next served as a Deputy Attorney General at the Delaware Department of Justice in the Crime Strategies Unit, focusing on proactively reducing crime through community outreach, education and nuisance property abatement. John then served in the Domestic Violence Unit, where he prosecuted domestic violence offenders as well as being particularly tasked with handling allegations of abuse, neglect and exploitation of the elderly. John then served as the Deputy State Court Administrator at the Delaware Administrative Office of the Courts, where he worked for criminal justice reform.
John is licensed in Delaware and practices in all Delaware federal and state courts. He is a member of the Delaware State Bar Association, American Inns of Court and the Saint Thomas More Society.
Areas of Practice
- Civil litigation in both State and Federal courts
- Commercial and business litigation
- Personal Injury
- Worker’s compensation litigation
- Delaware, 1993
- U.S. District Court of Delaware, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1994
- Boston College B.A. – 1987
- Widener University Delaware Law School J.D. – 1993
- graduated magna cum laude, co-managing editor of the Delaware Journal of Corporate Law and the Wolcott Law Clerk for the Honorable Andrew G.T. Moore II of the Delaware Supreme Court – 1992-93t.
- Catholic University of America – M.Div. 2002
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Delaware State Bar Association
- Delaware Trial Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions
- Ashby & Geddes 1993-98
- Diocese of Wilmington spokesman on bioethics issues 2002-13.
- Assistant professor of Christian Ethics at Seton Hall University 2007-11
- Adjunct professor at Immaculata University 2002-05
- Pastor of Holy Spirit Parish in New Castle from 2011-13
- Deputy Attorney General at the Delaware Department of Justice 2014-17
- Deputy State Court Administrator at the Delaware Administrative Office of the Courts 2017-19
* The awards and accolades displayed on this website were issued to the attorneys, or the entire law firm by the respective providers of these honors. They are as follows, Avvo and Super Lawyers®️. No aspect of these advertisements have been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.